Monday, March 14, 2011

Fishing and Projects

Wayne had a great day fishing at Starvation on Saturday. They caught a lot!! He was fileting them all for hours.... Good thing he loves it so much! I offered to help, but he knows I don't really know what to do. So I was off the hook. The kids just love watching though... except Anna who gags at the sight and smell. We cooked up the big trout for a nice Sunday Dinner yesterday, they were delicious! (sorry wish I had a picture).
The one Wayne is holding is a Rainbow Trout they caught 5 or 6 of those. The middle striped one is a perch. He usually brings home these and they are really small. But this one was a big fat one. The bottom 1 is the one and only Walleye for the day. Not too impressive, but cool to catch one.
 

David is rubbing his tummy saying "yummy"... Cute. Megan is our real fish lover, she always wants it for dinner!
 

We have been really enjoying our new fireplace for the last couple of months. It is nice and warm and really efficent. Its a Vermont Castings cast iron stove. Kevin Whiting in our ward did a wonderful job getting the tile all installed for us.
 

My little project this weekend. Was a dresser I bought on KSL classifieds for the girls. It has a top mirror with some shelves, But I ran out of paint and steam so we'll have to get to that this week. A nice friend Tasha Hancock (also a neighbor and fellow preschool mom) told me what to do. She has a wonderful blog with lots of ideas and has done some really cute furniture makeovers.
Anyway... this is my first attempt at something like this and it is so far from perfect but will work for my girls. I wanted to paint it white and just antique it but knew that the girls would really love it pink. So I painted it white and finished it with a pink glaze. I just put the hardware back on this morning and am trying to decide if I should paint it white/pink/some metalic or just leave it. Any suggestions?
 
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Joanne said...

That dresser is so cute! Way to go! As far as the hardware...I really am not a pro, but I think it looks cute as is but would also be cute white.

Patsy Mecham said...

Nice updates and the dresser looks nice.