Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Grandma Zola

M
My Grandma Zola passed away on Nov. 20, 2012. She hadn't been feeling really well for a week or so, but decided she really wanted to go to the Primary Program at church. But she got there and sat down and slumped over and stopped breathing. She was able to be revived and taken to the hospital. We thought it was a stroke. But probablly it was just her body shutting down. She was on life support for a couple of days, and I was able to go see her and tell her goodbye.
She was such a great example of serving and loving others. She leaves a great legacy for her posterity. I will miss her sweet little cards in the mail, and hearing her voice on the phone, and visiting with her.  When I was young I would go spend a week with her in the summer and she would always spoil me and my brothers. There are certain foods and places that will always remind me of her.
The funeral was a lovely service, I think we were all still in a little shock. But it was nice to be together and share our memories of Grandma.

My cousin had all of the great grandkids release a white balloon to go up to heaven to Grandma, it was very sweet.


Grandma  has 4 granddaughters and 10 grandsons. The granddaughters shared memories of Grandma at the funeral, and read her obituary, and the grandsons were pallbearers. Lots of tears were shed, but we have peace knowing that we will see our beautiful Grandma again.  
 
 
 
Posted by Picasa

No comments: