Thursday, November 13, 2008

Blessings

We have had a rough week. Anna has been pretty miserable and running a high fever for about 9 days. At first it was more off and on but by last Thursday afternoon it was pretty constant. I just suspected the flu, it has been going around with some friends. But by Monday morning with no improvements I started to get a little worried. I called the pediatrition and they suggested waiting a couple more days. Anna gets pretty upset and says things like "I'm never going to get better" and "I wish I could be not sick like Megan". It is really hard to not be able to do anything but give pain medication and wait. Well yesterday I finally took her in to see the Nurse Practitioner. I was stumped because no one else was getting sick and Anna didn't complaing about anything hurting (ear, throat, stomach ect.) After looking her over the NP couldn't see anything either, but decided to take a urine sample. After that he was pretty sure she had a bladder infection and prescribed antibiotics. We are waiting on lab results and taking the meds. But it feels like there is finally a light at the end of the tunnel. Anna has perked up today and is laughing and playing with Megan.
On Sunday the girls helped make this turkey on our door, adding handprint 'feathers' of the things that they are thankful for. Right now I am really thankful for Doctors, nurses, and medicine. Also I am so blessed with caring family and friends! Thanks everyone for all your help, support and love.
 
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Patsy Mecham said...

I'm thankful for those that can help Anna too. I only wish that we could have helped her sooner. Nice blog entries. You are a great Mom to do so many fun things with your children. They are some lucky kids. Love, Mom

JWD said...

Such fun things you're doing with your girls. Enjoy your time with them. I feel for Anna and being sick for so long. Hopefully the antibiotics will turn her around quickly. I'm still surprised she did not tell you of any signs or symptoms. Drink, Drink, Drink...
Love the pancake idea too!

Debra said...

I am so glad that Anna is feeling better...How are you feeling now that she is feeling better? You are such a good Mommy! Let me know if I can do anything for you! We would love to help out when Baby Brother gets here!!!