Sunday, December 14, 2008

What matters most

 

The last couple of weeks have been a lot different than I had planned. I knew of course with a new baby that December and Christmas would be a little different. But I still planned on enjoying a lot of our Christmas traditions. But instead I have been brought to remember what matters most in my life. After 2 weeks of not really being able to take care of my family in my role as a mother and wife I realize what a privelage that those roles are. I am so blessed to have these special people trusted in my care. It is of course a constant challenge and I have a lot to learn and grow from. But when I am tired and my paitence is wearing thin I hope I will remember what a blessing it is to be able to be a mother and wife.
Often at this time of year I am so easily caught up in the excitement of surprises and gifts. But I am also brought to remember the priceless gifts I already enjoy. I am so thankful for good health, for doctors, nurses and modern medicene. I am thankful for the many family and friends who give so selflessly to me and my family. I am so thankful for a loving Heavenly Father whose hand is in all things, and whose son offers the ultimate gift to us all. Thanks to all those family and friends whose help and kind encouraging words and prayers have been with me. May you all have a very Merry Christmas and feel of the Savior's love.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Debra said...

What a cute little family you have! I love Megans expressions...haha! Way to keep things in perspective. I am glad to hear that you are feeling better! Seriously, let me know if I can help out in any way. We would love to come snag your girls! It would be a party!