Sunday, December 26, 2010

The real meaning of Christmas

On Christmas eve we read the Christmas story and the kids acted it out using some cute costumes Gma had. Some wonderful things Anna has said this month: "I know the true meaning of Christmas is when baby Jesus was born", and "Next year I will be really really good and not ask Santa for anything because that's my present to him." Meagn made a little gingerbread house at preschool and it fell down. "That's okay", she said, "I'll just make it a stable for baby Jesus." We also had a Family Home Evening lesson about serving others and made a little manger to add straw to when we do something kind for others, they have had fun doing that. I am so thankful for these precious children who keep the true spirit of Christmas alive in our lives.
 

Megan the sheep.
 

David a shepherd.
 

Anna a shepherd.
 
Posted by Picasa

No comments: