Thursday, May 2, 2013

A really BIG job

I am so proud of Wayne for all his hard work on the electrical for our house. It has turned out to be a really big job, bigger than I realized for sure! The last couple of weeks have been brutal, especially the last several days. We are feeling really tired, but good that at least the rough in stuff is done. We have spent countless hours: planning, nailing up boxes, cans, wiring, shopping for parts and wire, making mistakes, fixing mistakes, learning, growing, stressing out, and figuring it out. We have had so much great help from family and friends, and we wouldn't have been able to get it done without all their help and support. A really BIG Thanks to Adam who spent several nights after work and his Friday and Saturdays off helping out. He helped a TON!!! Thanks too to Steve, Dad, Stacy, Ryan, JR and Brandon, Mike, Wayne McMullin and Kevin Miglori. Everyone pitched in and helped so much. Now back to bragging about my dear husband.. He is such a hard worker and sacrifices so much to provide for and take care of us. The last few nights he has been working till after 11:00, coming home to finally get something to eat, shower and get to bed. What a trooper! He wants to make sure everything is done the best that it can be. And has worked so hard. I'm sure there might be some mistakes, but we will figure it out. His boss has been very understanding and he has taken off 5 days of work. Like I said its been a big job! Would we do it again? I'm not so sure, but I defiantly have a greater appreciation to all the trades in the construction work force. I told Wayne I'm going to love all the lights and power in our house and appreciate them a lot more too. I can think of him and how much he loves us every time I turn them on :) Cheesy I know, but there is some satisfaction in knowing that we have had our hands in part of this dream of ours coming true. I love that he wrote our Kids' names on the circuits of power for their rooms, they have a very special Daddy!

3 comments:

Joanne said...

I've loved watching the progress on your house. It looks great! Way to go on doing some of the work yourselves. That's awesome.

Patsy Mecham said...

You did it!!! At least this far and things are looking so nice. And yes what a sharp growing curve you have all had. I see Wayne walking lighter and taller. Way to go Wayne. Now on to the next episode of home building. Hang on. I'm here for you. Love, Mom

Nathan and Shanna said...

Love watching the progress on your house too! It is looking great and my hats go off to you for doing the work yourselves. It really is a lot of work.