Thursday, April 15, 2010

Chicken Coop

It was all Wayne's idea. I didn't really care for the chickens we had growing up. But my good friend Debra's chickens softened my heart a little, and the little baby chicks were so adorable, so I gave in. It will be an adventure, and our kids have enjoyed it. Anna was so excited when we got our chicks last friday she almost forgot about her upcoming birthday party, almost. Wayne did a wonderful job building this little coop/garden shed. He had a great idea of using some clear plastic panels for light and possibly a greenhouse. He's going to add on a wire enclosed outside for the chickens to come out of a little door. He also needs to finish a wall inside to seperate the garden shed part.
 

The kids "check on the chicks" everyday. David gets a little too excited and tries to get in with them. Wayne had to finish up a little on Friday and we had them inside for a couple of hours. They started out in this tub on the floor but were quickly moved up on to the kitchen table after David dumped the feed all over the floor. He is so busy!
 

They are already getting bigger and 'sprouting' feathered wings... not cute for too long I guess.
 

The girls like to 'pet' them, but are way to scared to actually hold them. That's probablly a good thing, but I do like the way Debra's are so calm and tame. They are full grown, but the kids pick them right up and pack them around. That was impressive to me.
 
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Debra said...

So Cute!!! I am really excited for you! Hope you enjoy them as much as we do!